Sunday, April 26, 2015

Colombos by Meadow Zelenitz-McCracken

Earlier that day in English class, we had an assignment to go to a restaurant of your choice, and write a review on that place, and I chose Colombos. In Bozeman there are lots of pizza restaurants that are Italian. 

I walked into Colombos excited for pizza. I found a table right away because it was seat-your-self. After filling my cup with root beer, I walked to our table and sat down. The first thing I noticed was how the booths weren't very comfortable—in the other room they were much more comfortable.

It smelled like fresh paint as they had just painted the walls a creamy carmel beige—Yuck! There was a wide range of music playing from American to Pop to Latin. There was not very much talking, but an occasional chit-chat; it was a Tuesday night, so it wasn't very busy. The tables were very sturdy, and the lighting was very bright, but not florescent, so you could see what you were eating. It was decorated in the style of most family restaurants.  

After waiting fifteen minutes (It didn't feel that long after the salad bar), we got our pizzas. I ordered a small cheese pizza. While waiting, I got hungrier and hungrier watching other people get served, and the smell of all of the food. It was presented like a meal at home that wasn't very important. It smelled like bread baked with an aroma of warm sauce and cheese. It was perfectly sized at 10” for me. Soon after it arrived, I took my knife and cut my pizza it was very easy to cut because they already cut it for me. I then grabbed a piece of pizza and took my first bite Ouch! It was very very hot. I think I might have burned the roof of my mouth. I took a sip of my root beer while I let my pizza cool down. Finally, it was cool enough to eat. I took a bite and crunch! (I first tasted a mixture of very little grease, so barely any, but still some grease, and mozzarella cheese, then a marinara sauce with hot bread, and when taking a big bite I could taste a complete pizza.) 
After finishing my meal, I walked on the wood floor to the counter to ask for a box. Roger gave it to me happily. Afterwords, I asked to go on a tour “behind the scenes”, and Roger kindly led me to a different person named Justin, who took me on a tour. 

On the tour, I noticed how the floors looked very old, and how they needed to be refinished. I also noticed that the walls had some mistakes in the paint. In the coat room, it was very messy, with coats on the ground like it was a house. In the kitchen it was much cleaner, except for the windows. The windows had dirt on them, and were stained with flour. Despite all this, it seemed like the employees had been around for a while, and had everything in order so it could be easy for them to make pizza. Basically it was like home to them. 

It was a perfect temperature to feel homelike in. When I was walking out, I noticed that the entry way was not that tidy. Now, thinking back, I liked how the food got there quickly, and I felt welcome there. I would suggest to the owner to have fresher bread in the salad bar and have a door to close up the dishwashing room, but thats not there fault. Most old restaurants are dirty because they are old, for example, an old house is generally dirtier due to the materials they were made with. Overall, I would suggest Colombos to people. 

Colombos 3.5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment