Friday, March 20, 2015

Ted's Montana Grill by Clara Maseman

It was a dark and snowy night, as my relatives and I shuffled into the Baxter 
hotel, hungry for Ted’s gourmet burgers. Ted’s is a well known restaurant on main street in Bozeman. Most Bozemanites will know straightaway what you are talking about when you mention Ted’s. Some of my relatives were from out of town, so we decided to take them to a restaurant that had a very distinct Montana feel to it. 

We had called earlier that night and made reservations for an exceedingly large table. When we arrived in the entry of Ted’s, we passed the seemingly endless line of people waiting for a table. This wasn’t unusual, being a friday night at one of the most popular restaurants in Bozeman. The waiters were very kind and got us to our table almost as soon as we got to the front of the line. We sat down and examined our enormous paper menus covered in the Montana delicacies served here. The straws we used for our drinks were made of recycled paper and, strangely, didn’t get soggy when they were used. The waitress was very gracious and nice when she asked us what we would like to order. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with bison instead of beef. 

We waited forever. Every second seemed like an eternity. Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock….. you get the idea. I surveyed the room around me. The walls were a whitish color (it was hard to tell what color it was due to the dim lighting) with a reddish wooden trim. The ceiling had an interesting texture to it and had many milky white chandeliers that looked like upside down wedding cakes hanging from it. The wedding cake chandeliers emitted a dim light, casting a calm mood throughout the restaurant. After at least half an hour (it seemed like half a century), our waiter finally came. He set in front of me my bison bacon cheeseburger with fries. It smelled delicious. The gorgeous, mouthwatering burger was placed on the bottom right area of the plate, while the toppings were delicately stacked just above it. The entire left side of the plate was covered in crispy golden fries, freshly made in the kitchen only minutes before. 

I submerged my face in the burger (literally… It was that big…) . IT. WAS. AMAZING. An explosion of flavors met my taste buds and I gasped at how decadent it tasted. Flavors like greasy bacon, tender bison meat cooked medium rare (my personal favorite), spicy onions, and tasty sauces mixed with Ted’s secret spices erupted in my mouth. It was so delicious that it didn’t need any condiments or toppings! I tried to eat slowly, but I just couldn’t help myself. Within five minutes, the whole thing was gone. I ate the entire plate of fries like a ravenous gorrilla. They were cooked enough so that they were crispy, but not cooked so much as to be burned and crunchy. 


Afterwards, I felt as though I would never eat again. I had overstuffed myself to the limit. It felt as if someone had pumped me up with a bicycle  pump and I was about to burst. After a while my family finished eating and received the bill for the night. I never got to see how much that night cost, but I bet it was ridiculously expensive. I walked out of that restaurant feeling satisfied and overly full. The food at Ted’s was some of the best I ever had, but the waiting was tedious. In result of this, I give Ted’s Montana Grill 4.8 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment